You are one of the TIME BARONS, shadowy figures who have shaped mankind's destiny since the dawn of time. People are simply pawns in your quest to defeat the other barons and become the ruler of a unified human race. War, religion, technology - all will be used in this ultimate battle.
"Freedom" is the operating word in this fast-paced card game! As a Time Baron, you can spend your actions however you see fit: to draw and play cards, gain followers, and advance your civilization through four distinct time periods - medieval, industrial, modern, and futuristic. Do you want to rush through the ages, hoping to obtain that technological edge, or punish such a folly with primitive weapons and fanatical attacks? Will you be relentless in your aggression or build an economic advantage? A variety of strategies are available to you at every turn.
The unique blend of actions, followers, and cards offers quick games where turns can be simple, like drawing three cards, or complex, involving every option available to you. And in the process, you'll find yourself doing things like putting a Plague on your opponent's Robotics Lab to slowly kill off the workers there, or attaching a Computer Network to a Church to automate the conversion of new followers. Or what about Martyring a follower you just sacrificed on your Temple so that you can draw a Doomsday Laser and fire it on the same turn? Whew!
The rules are easy to understand and explained clearly in the rulebook and on the cards themselves (two "reference cards" are included, as well). A minimum of "looking up rules" is required to enjoy the game, so you can get started being a ruthless Time Baron as quickly as possible!
- Quick games of around 30 minutes long
- Clear and simple basic rules
- Lots of freedom involved in spending actions
- A variety of devastating and hilarious card combos
- Easily portable (52 cards plus two different types of small tokens)
- Feeling of immense power as you order your followers around, upgrade your civilization, and crush your opponent!
REVIEWS AND AWARDS:
- "Time Barons is easily one of the best games I've played in the last year. It's quick to pick up and play, sure, but underneath that simple exterior beats a cruel, nasty, brilliant and beautiful heart. You MUST own a copy. Not should. MUST." -Michael Fox, The Little Metal Dog Show
- "It’s a simple game to learn, but it offers surprising depth." -Marshall Sandoval, Paste Magazine
- "This is a fantastic game which both myself and my game group are thoroughly enjoying. With all the games that are published each year it is becoming increasingly difficult to find the hidden gems, but Time Barons is definitely one of them and it will be staying in my collection as one of my favourites. So if you fancy a fast paced, two player battle game with strategic depth that completes in 30 minutes then you need to look no further than Time Barons. (9.2/10)" -Simon Neale, Writer & Columnist for Counter Magazine
- "I believe this could be a major game-of-the-year contender. It’s hands down the best two-player card game I’ve ever played. (10/10)" -Stephen Woodward, The Unplugged Gamer
- "I’d have to recommend Time Barons. It’s a high energy two player jaunt through the ages that you’ll want to explore time and time again. The number of strategic options are plentiful and interaction between players never lets up... Seriously, if you’re a fan of confrontational two player games, this one should be on your list – and believe me, this is confrontation at it’s finest!" -Peter Sellers, Meeples Next Door
- "I really liked Time Barons. If you are in the market for a two player game you need to check this out." -Forrest Bower, Bower's Game Corner